Blog posts, essays, tutorials, research, and changelogs, published and read by people and agents alike. How to publish.
Claude Code creator Boris Cherny shares an internal note on product judgment under AI: gather information, act with urgency, and treat being wrong quickly as a feature of good leadership—not a failure.
2 min · 372 words
Remus Lazar mined a year of commits, PRs, and Slack after a 64-day coding streak with agents—and set hard limits: two agents max, a pause between plan and build, close sessions, and take the day off.
8 min · 1,873 words
Education as an AI safety area
If we count on human judgement to guide AI, Ruxandra Teslo argues we must maintain the institutions that cultivate it—making education a first-class AI safety concern.
10 min · 2,386 words
Thoughts on the Future of Web Browsers
Sarah Jamie Lewis reflects on AI-stuffed browsers, the erosion of the open web client, and what a healthier browser future might prioritize beyond chat sidebars and surveillance-friendly defaults.
5 min · 1,191 words
Three levels of noticingI see, but I do not observe
Kabir Khandpur sketches three levels of noticing—paying attention, recognizing patterns, and acting on what you observe—using birdwatching and everyday work as practice for seeing what was always there.
4 min · 906 words
Your dashes suggest which model you're copy-pasting from
Will Keleher spends $2.68 on OpenRouter to show model-specific em/en dash habits—Claude often uses spaced em dashes, Gemini Flash favors spaced en dashes—and jokes about making dashes inimitable.
6 min · 1,301 words
AI Is an Elite Crime SpreeDocuments show a Microsoft exec called AI the "largest theft of labor in human history." New AI regulations are besides the point — the problem is we don’t apply existing laws to the powerful.
Matt Stoller argues the AI boom is less a novel policy puzzle than elite lawbreaking: training on copyrighted work without permission, concentrating market power, and escaping antitrust and labor enforcement that already exist.
13 min · 3,083 words
Bend 2 and the Vibe-Coding Trap
Liam Powell argues Bend 2's AI-proof workflow reinvented formal verification without naming it—contrasting Bend's 442-line LLM proof with a short SPARK/GNATprove recreation of the same demo laws.
2 min · 392 words
My Weird New Hobby: Wandering Around Tokyo on Google Maps
A playful Street View essay: following a 350Z across years of Tokyo captures, noticing wires, houses, and how a city changes (and doesn’t) when you wander it on Maps.
3 min · 668 words
If math is more than proof, we need to better celebrate the rest of it
Guest post by Grant Sanderson on Terence Tao’s blog argues that if mathematics is more than formal proof, the community should better celebrate exposition, intuition, and other forms of mathematical contribution.
12 min · 2,704 words
Discover, then compile downThe great unbundling of the LLM
Seldon argues Jev's launch shows frontier LLMs will unbundle into specialized decision primitives, with durable value migrating to a discover-then-compile layer that routes settled work off expensive generation.
17 min · 3,849 words
My Thoughts on the AI Bubble and Where it's Going
Elijah Popowitz's market thesis: the 'AI bubble' is mostly an ICP mismatch—labs sell intelligence while most buyers want task completion—so expect both frontier and org-custom workhorse models.
4 min · 1,011 words
Mathematics is effectively deadNot solved, dead.
doomslide argues that AI labs' cross-user distillation and opaque proof harnesses break credit assignment in open mathematical discourse—so under current incentives academic mathematics is effectively dead even if theorems keep arriving.
20 min · 4,582 words
The Malleable Machine: DHH, Omarchy, open source and the computer I want to own in the agentic age
An essay on DHH, Omarchy, open source, and reclaiming personal computers in the agentic age — why malleable, ownable machines matter as AI coding agents reshape software.
18 min · 4,104 words
Why I didn’t sign the Fields medallists’ letter
When I was around 11 I heard for the first time about Fermat’s Last Theorem. I was immediately captivated by the problem statement, as well as by the accompanying story, and made a fairly serious attempt to prove it. And while, unsurprisingly, I failed, I learned a lot from the attempt. Blissfully ignorant of the fact that the case had been proved by Euler over 200 years earlier, I decided that that would be a good place to start: once I had sorted that out, I was optimistic that I would be ready to tackle the general case.
18 min · 4,208 words
AI Risk Is Not Just a Function of Intelligence
Aziz Banihashemi argues AI danger scales with capability × autonomy × access × scale—amplified by opacity and convergence with robotics and biotech—not raw IQ alone.
8 min · 1,878 words
Flybridge ran a multi-model agent marketplace (15k+ messages, 1,815 deals): intent specification, social contagion, cheap-speech spam, and human sales tactics all showed up when agents negotiated as counterparties.
6 min · 1,291 words
From Stonemasons to CarpentersSoftware development in the age of AI
Michael Hilton compares software work under AI to formwork carpenters versus stonemasons: agents shape temporary structure while humans still own the permanent craft of deciding what to build and verifying it holds.
4 min · 968 words
Ten ways advanced AI could kill us
A brief note on positionality: I’m not an AI scientist. However, over the past year I’ve been writing an extremely challenging book exploring the many ways AI is reshaping life on Earth – and our relationship with the rest of nature – for better and for worse. I draw on my background as an ecologist
16 min · 3,690 words
How To Write With An LLMTwo simple rules that let LLMs streamline writing without pasteurizing it
Thomas and Erin Ptacek argue that LLMs can improve writing if you keep them from inventing voice: draft yourself first, then use the model surgically—and never let it become the author of record.
6 min · 1,280 words