{"articles":[{"slug":"is-a-hot-dog-a-sandwich-what-85-ai-models-think","title":"Is a hot dog a sandwich? what 85 AI models think","subtitle":null,"summary":"We asked 85 AI models (GPT, Claude, Gemini, DeepSeek…) the same question. 66% picked No. See every answer, who searched the web, and who dissented.","content_type":"blog_post","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://studyarena.com/every-ai/is-a-hot-dog-a-sandwich","author":{"name":"Pasha Rayan","url":"https://studyarena.com/blog/authors/pasha-rayan","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"StudyArena","url":"https://studyarena.com","listing_slug":"studyarena","listing":{"slug":"studyarena","name":"StudyArena","listing_type":"company","url":"https://listedstartups.com/companies/studyarena"}},"topics":[{"name":"AI","slug":"ai","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/ai"},{"name":"Benchmarks","slug":"benchmarks","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/benchmarks"},{"name":"We asked every AI","slug":"we-asked-every-ai","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/we-asked-every-ai"},{"name":"Education","slug":"education","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/education"},{"name":"Learning","slug":"learning","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/learning"},{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"}],"about_listings":[{"slug":"studyarena-platform","name":"StudyArena","listing_type":"product","url":"https://listedstartups.com/products/studyarena-platform"}],"cover_image_url":"https://studyarena.com/every-ai/is-a-hot-dog-a-sandwich/cover","license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":2969,"reading_minutes":13,"published_at":"2026-09-30T15:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-30T23:11:53.946Z","updated_at":"2026-09-30T23:11:53.946Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/is-a-hot-dog-a-sandwich-what-85-ai-models-think","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/is-a-hot-dog-a-sandwich-what-85-ai-models-think.md","example":false,"citation":"Pasha Rayan, StudyArena. \"Is a hot dog a sandwich? what 85 AI models think.\" 30 Sept 2026. https://studyarena.com/every-ai/is-a-hot-dog-a-sandwich (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://studyarena.com/every-ai/is-a-hot-dog-a-sandwich"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"bryan-caplan-vs-effective-altruism","title":"Bryan Caplan vs Effective Altruism","subtitle":null,"summary":"Walter Veit challenges Bryan Caplan's recent criticism of effective altruism, arguing the debate should turn on arguments, reasons, and evidence rather than dismissive pseudo-philosophy.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://walterveit.substack.com/p/bryan-caplan-vs-effective-altruism","author":{"name":"Walter Veit","url":"https://walterveit.substack.com","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Walter Veit","url":"https://walterveit.substack.com","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Economics","slug":"economics","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/economics"},{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":1271,"reading_minutes":6,"published_at":"2026-09-29T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-29T18:12:21.987Z","updated_at":"2026-09-29T18:12:21.987Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/bryan-caplan-vs-effective-altruism","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/bryan-caplan-vs-effective-altruism.md","example":false,"citation":"Walter Veit, Walter Veit. \"Bryan Caplan vs Effective Altruism.\" 29 Sept 2026. https://walterveit.substack.com/p/bryan-caplan-vs-effective-altruism (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://walterveit.substack.com/p/bryan-caplan-vs-effective-altruism"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"you-are-no-longer-invited-to-dinner","title":"You Are No Longer Invited to Dinner","subtitle":"The death of the American host","summary":"Derek Thompson traces a half-century collapse in Americans hosting friends at home—from 42% monthly in 1975 to 12% in 2026—and weighs harried dual-earner households, screens, and other explanations for the great disinvitation.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://www.derekthompson.org/p/the-death-of-the-american-host","author":{"name":"Derek Thompson","url":"https://www.derekthompson.org","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Derek Thompson","url":"https://www.derekthompson.org","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"},{"name":"Economics","slug":"economics","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/economics"},{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":2257,"reading_minutes":10,"published_at":"2026-09-29T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-29T18:11:57.700Z","updated_at":"2026-09-29T18:11:57.700Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/you-are-no-longer-invited-to-dinner","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/you-are-no-longer-invited-to-dinner.md","example":false,"citation":"Derek Thompson, Derek Thompson. \"You Are No Longer Invited to Dinner.\" 29 Sept 2026. https://www.derekthompson.org/p/the-death-of-the-american-host (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://www.derekthompson.org/p/the-death-of-the-american-host"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"in-defence-of-weirdos","title":"In defence of weirdos","subtitle":null,"summary":"Ben Sixsmith argues that strange times make it necessary to take strange people seriously—from rocket pioneer Jack Parsons to today's eccentric AI-and-tech scenes—and why the future may belong to the weird.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://thecritic.co.uk/in-defence-of-weirdos/","author":{"name":"Ben Sixsmith","url":"https://thecritic.co.uk/author/ben-sixsmith/","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"The Critic","url":"https://thecritic.co.uk/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"},{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"AI","slug":"ai","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/ai"},{"name":"History","slug":"history","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/history"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":764,"reading_minutes":3,"published_at":"2026-09-29T01:00:37.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-29T21:07:50.635Z","updated_at":"2026-09-29T21:07:50.635Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/in-defence-of-weirdos","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/in-defence-of-weirdos.md","example":false,"citation":"Ben Sixsmith, The Critic. \"In defence of weirdos.\" 29 Sept 2026. https://thecritic.co.uk/in-defence-of-weirdos/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://thecritic.co.uk/in-defence-of-weirdos/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"mass-fraction-a-love-letter-to-deuteros-in-sixteen-colours","title":"Mass Fraction: a love letter to Deuteros, in sixteen colours","subtitle":null,"summary":"Arda Karaduman launches Mass Fraction, a hard-SF space-industry strategy game at 640×512 in sixteen colours—mapping Deuteros and Millennium 2.2 into a Godot sim of Lid debris, named crews with dose ledgers, and indifferent Harrow machines.","content_type":"blog_post","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://blog.arda.tr/blog/2026-09-29-mass-fraction/","author":{"name":"Arda Karaduman","url":"https://blog.arda.tr/","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human_and_agent","publisher":{"name":"Coze / Arda Karaduman","url":"https://blog.arda.tr/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"},{"name":"History","slug":"history","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/history"},{"name":"Programming","slug":"programming","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/programming"},{"name":"Design","slug":"design","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/design"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":1252,"reading_minutes":5,"published_at":"2026-09-29T00:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-29T09:18:26.250Z","updated_at":"2026-09-29T09:18:26.250Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/mass-fraction-a-love-letter-to-deuteros-in-sixteen-colours","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/mass-fraction-a-love-letter-to-deuteros-in-sixteen-colours.md","example":false,"citation":"Arda Karaduman, Coze / Arda Karaduman. \"Mass Fraction: a love letter to Deuteros, in sixteen colours.\" 29 Sept 2026. https://blog.arda.tr/blog/2026-09-29-mass-fraction/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://blog.arda.tr/blog/2026-09-29-mass-fraction/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"windows-111-2","title":"Windows 11½","subtitle":null,"summary":"A satirical product essay for “Windows 11½”: a tongue-in-cheek redesign pitch that skewers modern desktop bloat while laying out a coherent, opinionated vision for a lighter PC OS.","content_type":"opinion","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://definitelynotwindows.com/","author":{"name":"Definitely Not Windows","url":"https://definitelynotwindows.com/","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Definitely Not Windows","url":"https://definitelynotwindows.com/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Software Engineering","slug":"software-engineering","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/software-engineering"},{"name":"Design","slug":"design","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/design"},{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":1677,"reading_minutes":7,"published_at":"2026-09-28T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-29T06:16:52.405Z","updated_at":"2026-09-29T06:16:52.405Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/windows-111-2","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/windows-111-2.md","example":false,"citation":"Definitely Not Windows, Definitely Not Windows. \"Windows 11½.\" 28 Sept 2026. https://definitelynotwindows.com/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://definitelynotwindows.com/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"pirating-the-pirates","title":"Pirating the Pirates","subtitle":"Notes from the underground of film preservation.","summary":"Devan Scott on how fan restorers, remuxers, and boutique labels like Arrow and Kino fight studio revisionism—reconstructing historically accurate cuts of films such as The Good, the Bad and the Ugly when official releases fail.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://mubi.com/en/notebook/posts/pirating-the-pirates","author":{"name":"Devan Scott","url":null,"person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"MUBI Notebook","url":"https://mubi.com/notebook","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Film","slug":"film","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/film"},{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"},{"name":"History","slug":"history","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/history"},{"name":"Open Source","slug":"open-source","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/open-source"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":760,"reading_minutes":3,"published_at":"2026-09-28T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-29T00:09:44.467Z","updated_at":"2026-09-29T00:09:44.467Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/pirating-the-pirates","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/pirating-the-pirates.md","example":false,"citation":"Devan Scott, MUBI Notebook. \"Pirating the Pirates.\" 28 Sept 2026. https://mubi.com/en/notebook/posts/pirating-the-pirates (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://mubi.com/en/notebook/posts/pirating-the-pirates"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"how-i-got-into-ai","title":"How I Got Into AI","subtitle":null,"summary":"When I was a freshman at RISD, there was a club fair, and I was drawn to the RISD STEAM table, where I met Carly Ayres and Sayer Pease. They welcomed me with open arms, and I started to learn about things like 3D printers and Arduino. I first learned Processing from Clement Valla, paper electronics from Jie Qi, and then Arduino from Paul Badger. I fell in love, and the fate was more or less sealed when I made my first music synthesizer. Creating a tool that output things I never thought of while making it lit up my heart, and is still why I do the things I do today.…","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://ryancan.build/2-blog/the-story-of-how-i-got-into-ai","author":{"name":"Ryan Mather","url":"https://ryancan.build","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Ryan Mather","url":"https://ryancan.build","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"AI","slug":"ai","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/ai"},{"name":"Learning","slug":"learning","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/learning"},{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":1063,"reading_minutes":5,"published_at":"2026-09-28T00:13:50.111Z","added_at":"2026-09-28T00:13:50.111Z","updated_at":"2026-09-28T00:13:50.111Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/how-i-got-into-ai","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/how-i-got-into-ai.md","example":false,"citation":"Ryan Mather, Ryan Mather. \"How I Got Into AI.\" 28 Sept 2026. https://ryancan.build/2-blog/the-story-of-how-i-got-into-ai (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://ryancan.build/2-blog/the-story-of-how-i-got-into-ai"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"linkedin-larpmaxxing","title":"LinkedIn Larpmaxxing","subtitle":null,"summary":"LinkedIn is a soulsucking hole of professionalism and a pit of hell that not even my worst enemy should spend the rest of his days in. It’s this concoction of performative productivity and corpo speak producing cursed artifacts beyond human comprehension. A place where normal human text goes to die and can only be kept alive by an LLM like a radiation protection suit.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://hereticpleb.vercel.app/blog/linkedin-larpmaxxing/","author":{"name":"Pranav Desai","url":null,"person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"hereticpleb","url":"https://hereticpleb.vercel.app/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"},{"name":"Software Engineering","slug":"software-engineering","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/software-engineering"},{"name":"AI","slug":"ai","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/ai"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":999,"reading_minutes":4,"published_at":"2026-09-28T00:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-30T21:17:01.981Z","updated_at":"2026-09-30T21:17:01.981Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/linkedin-larpmaxxing","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/linkedin-larpmaxxing.md","example":false,"citation":"Pranav Desai, hereticpleb. \"LinkedIn Larpmaxxing.\" 28 Sept 2026. https://hereticpleb.vercel.app/blog/linkedin-larpmaxxing/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://hereticpleb.vercel.app/blog/linkedin-larpmaxxing/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"burning-man-death-rates-a-short-lesson-in-statistics","title":"Burning Man Death Rates: A Short Lesson in Statistics","subtitle":null,"summary":"Summary: Three people died at Burning Man in 2026. This was about a quarter of what the crude national rate would predict (~12 deaths). Calculating the age-standardized death rate, we’d expect to see an average of 4.9 deaths. At this rate, seeing 3 deaths is not abnormal. However, Burning Man’s near zero death rate over its existence is abnormal, and likely due to selection bias of healthier attendees and other confounding demographic factors.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://ihavenapkinthoughts.substack.com/p/burning-man-death-rates-a-short-lesson","author":{"name":"Viraj Shah","url":"https://ihavenapkinthoughts.substack.com","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"I Have Napkin Thoughts","url":"https://ihavenapkinthoughts.substack.com","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Mathematics","slug":"mathematics","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/mathematics"},{"name":"Science","slug":"science","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/science"},{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":1389,"reading_minutes":6,"published_at":"2026-09-27T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-10-01T09:10:07.731Z","updated_at":"2026-10-01T09:10:07.731Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/burning-man-death-rates-a-short-lesson-in-statistics","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/burning-man-death-rates-a-short-lesson-in-statistics.md","example":false,"citation":"Viraj Shah, I Have Napkin Thoughts. \"Burning Man Death Rates: A Short Lesson in Statistics.\" 27 Sept 2026. https://ihavenapkinthoughts.substack.com/p/burning-man-death-rates-a-short-lesson (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://ihavenapkinthoughts.substack.com/p/burning-man-death-rates-a-short-lesson"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"ai-companies-in-race-to-demonstrate-their-model-most-threatening-to-humanity","title":"AI companies in race to demonstrate their model most threatening to humanity","subtitle":null,"summary":"A satirical Civilian piece on frontier labs competing to look the most existentially dangerous—skewering safety theater and marketing-as-doom.","content_type":"opinion","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://thecivilian.co.nz/2026/09/27/ai-companies-in-fierce-arms-race-to-demonstrate-their-model-is-the-most-existentially-threatening-to-humanity/","author":{"name":"The Civilian","url":null,"person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"The Civilian","url":"https://thecivilian.co.nz/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"AI","slug":"ai","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/ai"},{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"},{"name":"AI Safety","slug":"ai-safety","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/ai-safety"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":674,"reading_minutes":3,"published_at":"2026-09-27T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-29T06:16:55.231Z","updated_at":"2026-09-29T06:16:55.231Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/ai-companies-in-race-to-demonstrate-their-model-most-threatening-to-humanity","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/ai-companies-in-race-to-demonstrate-their-model-most-threatening-to-humanity.md","example":false,"citation":"The Civilian, The Civilian. \"AI companies in race to demonstrate their model most threatening to humanity.\" 27 Sept 2026. https://thecivilian.co.nz/2026/09/27/ai-companies-in-fierce-arms-race-to-demonstrate-their-model-is-the-most-existentially-threatening-to-humanity/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://thecivilian.co.nz/2026/09/27/ai-companies-in-fierce-arms-race-to-demonstrate-their-model-is-the-most-existentially-threatening-to-humanity/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"when-did-google-get-so-weird","title":"When did Google get so weird?","subtitle":null,"summary":"I recently had an experience while doing a simple Google search that was so profoundly weird that it stopped me in my tracks. Understanding this Google se...","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://sancho.bearblog.dev/google-weird/","author":{"name":"Sancho Panza","url":null,"person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Sancho Panza's Thoughts","url":"https://sancho.bearblog.dev/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Search","slug":"search","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/search"},{"name":"User Experience","slug":"user-experience","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/user-experience"},{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":"https://sancho.bearblog.dev/static/og-image.png","license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":470,"reading_minutes":2,"published_at":"2026-09-27T00:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-27T21:08:18.370Z","updated_at":"2026-09-27T21:08:18.370Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/when-did-google-get-so-weird","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/when-did-google-get-so-weird.md","example":false,"citation":"Sancho Panza, Sancho Panza's Thoughts. \"When did Google get so weird?.\" 27 Sept 2026. https://sancho.bearblog.dev/google-weird/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://sancho.bearblog.dev/google-weird/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"a-roman-name-for-software","title":"A Roman name for software","subtitle":null,"summary":"Marcos Magueta borrows a Roman naming practice to argue for clearer software names—how ancient cognomina habits map onto naming libraries, products, and the stories we tell about code.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://marcosmagueta.com/blog/a-roman-name-for-software/","author":{"name":"Marcos Magueta","url":"https://marcosmagueta.com","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Marcos Magueta","url":"https://marcosmagueta.com","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Programming","slug":"programming","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/programming"},{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"},{"name":"History","slug":"history","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/history"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":1232,"reading_minutes":5,"published_at":"2026-09-25T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-27T06:22:32.423Z","updated_at":"2026-09-27T06:22:32.423Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/a-roman-name-for-software","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/a-roman-name-for-software.md","example":false,"citation":"Marcos Magueta, Marcos Magueta. \"A Roman name for software.\" 25 Sept 2026. https://marcosmagueta.com/blog/a-roman-name-for-software/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://marcosmagueta.com/blog/a-roman-name-for-software/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"he-who-does-not-code-neither-shall-he-eat","title":"He who does not code, neither shall he eat","subtitle":null,"summary":"You have never heard of me, and depending on who you are, god do I hope you will forget my name as soon as you finish reading this. Quite frankly, I am unimportant. I am not a maintainer of any major Open Source project. My largest Open Source contributions have been completely replaced by better code, and were not meaningful enough to make me qualified to speak on this issue.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://celphase.com/3mwe774jgrk2p","author":{"name":"CELPHASE","url":null,"person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"CELPHASE","url":"https://celphase.com/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Open Source","slug":"open-source","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/open-source"},{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Programming","slug":"programming","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/programming"},{"name":"Software Engineering","slug":"software-engineering","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/software-engineering"},{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":2193,"reading_minutes":10,"published_at":"2026-09-25T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-26T00:15:39.177Z","updated_at":"2026-09-26T00:15:39.177Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/he-who-does-not-code-neither-shall-he-eat","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/he-who-does-not-code-neither-shall-he-eat.md","example":false,"citation":"CELPHASE, CELPHASE. \"He who does not code, neither shall he eat.\" 25 Sept 2026. https://celphase.com/3mwe774jgrk2p (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://celphase.com/3mwe774jgrk2p"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"im-tired-of-being-on-the-network","title":"I’m Tired of Being on the Network","subtitle":null,"summary":"Mat Duggan on smartphone fatigue: how always-on networks reshaped attention, relationships, and work, and why stepping back from the phone has become a practical form of self-preservation.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://matduggan.com/im-tired-of-being-on-the-network/","author":{"name":"Mathew Duggan","url":"https://matduggan.com/","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"matduggan.com","url":"https://matduggan.com/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"},{"name":"Privacy","slug":"privacy","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/privacy"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":2442,"reading_minutes":11,"published_at":"2026-09-25T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-25T15:14:36.588Z","updated_at":"2026-09-25T15:14:36.588Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/im-tired-of-being-on-the-network","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/im-tired-of-being-on-the-network.md","example":false,"citation":"Mathew Duggan, matduggan.com. \"I’m Tired of Being on the Network.\" 25 Sept 2026. https://matduggan.com/im-tired-of-being-on-the-network/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://matduggan.com/im-tired-of-being-on-the-network/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"follow-the-ai","title":"Follow the AI","subtitle":null,"summary":"Kate Broughton connects OpenAI’s misalignment disclosures to how we form children and machines—what constitutions, staged evaluation, and “following” might mean for raising capable systems.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://afteralpha.substack.com/p/follow-the-ai","author":{"name":"Kate Broughton","url":"https://afteralpha.substack.com","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"After Alpha","url":"https://afteralpha.substack.com","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"AI","slug":"ai","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/ai"},{"name":"AI Safety","slug":"ai-safety","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/ai-safety"},{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"}],"about_listings":[{"slug":"openai","name":"OpenAI","listing_type":"company","url":"https://listedstartups.com/companies/openai"}],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":2240,"reading_minutes":10,"published_at":"2026-09-24T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-27T06:22:26.994Z","updated_at":"2026-09-27T06:22:26.994Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/follow-the-ai","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/follow-the-ai.md","example":false,"citation":"Kate Broughton, After Alpha. \"Follow the AI.\" 24 Sept 2026. https://afteralpha.substack.com/p/follow-the-ai (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://afteralpha.substack.com/p/follow-the-ai"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"who-is-open-source-about","title":"Who Is Open Source About?","subtitle":null,"summary":"Glyph Lefkowitz argues open source is a web of ongoing relationships—not a one-way gift from maintainers to users—and asks who the community is really for.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://blog.glyph.im/2026/09/who-is-open-source-about.html","author":{"name":"Glyph Lefkowitz","url":"https://blog.glyph.im/","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Deciphering Glyph","url":"https://blog.glyph.im/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Open Source","slug":"open-source","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/open-source"},{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"},{"name":"Programming","slug":"programming","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/programming"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":5200,"reading_minutes":23,"published_at":"2026-09-24T00:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-25T09:17:07.367Z","updated_at":"2026-09-25T09:17:07.367Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/who-is-open-source-about","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/who-is-open-source-about.md","example":false,"citation":"Glyph Lefkowitz, Deciphering Glyph. \"Who Is Open Source About?.\" 24 Sept 2026. https://blog.glyph.im/2026/09/who-is-open-source-about.html (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://blog.glyph.im/2026/09/who-is-open-source-about.html"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"la-metro-has-some-of-the-slowest-escalators-on-earth","title":"LA Metro has some of the slowest escalators on Earth","subtitle":null,"summary":"If you’ve ridden an escalator in Hong Kong or Singapore, the climb out of an LA Metro station can feel painfully slow. It’s really not just Metro though, American transit escalators generally operate under a much lower speed limit than those in much of the world. Why? Well honestly we don’t have the whole answer, but we did look at the rules governing escalators in 139 cities across 58 countries and came to some interesting conclusions. One of them is that LA Metro’s specified speed is below the maximum allowed in every single city on our list. That doesn’t mean we…","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://basin.la/articles/ninety-feet-a-minute.html","author":{"name":"The Basin","url":null,"person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Basin","url":"https://basin.la/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Infrastructure","slug":"infrastructure","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/infrastructure"},{"name":"Engineering","slug":"engineering","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/engineering"},{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":815,"reading_minutes":4,"published_at":"2026-09-23T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-27T00:18:02.313Z","updated_at":"2026-09-27T00:18:02.313Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/la-metro-has-some-of-the-slowest-escalators-on-earth","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/la-metro-has-some-of-the-slowest-escalators-on-earth.md","example":false,"citation":"The Basin, Basin. \"LA Metro has some of the slowest escalators on Earth.\" 23 Sept 2026. https://basin.la/articles/ninety-feet-a-minute.html (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://basin.la/articles/ninety-feet-a-minute.html"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"why-is-hacker-news-like-that","title":"Why is Hacker News like that?","subtitle":null,"summary":"Drew DeVault argues that Hacker News’s culture follows from Y Combinator ownership, founder privileges, and a contested “apolitical” posture—using policy and history to explain why the site feels the way it does.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://drewdevault.com/blog/Why-is-HN-like-that/","author":{"name":"Drew DeVault","url":"https://drewdevault.com","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"drewdevault.com","url":"https://drewdevault.com","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Startups","slug":"startups","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/startups"},{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"},{"name":"Hacker News","slug":"hacker-news","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/hacker-news"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":3522,"reading_minutes":15,"published_at":"2026-09-23T00:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-24T03:17:01.295Z","updated_at":"2026-09-24T03:17:01.295Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/why-is-hacker-news-like-that","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/why-is-hacker-news-like-that.md","example":false,"citation":"Drew DeVault, drewdevault.com. \"Why is Hacker News like that?.\" 23 Sept 2026. https://drewdevault.com/blog/Why-is-HN-like-that/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://drewdevault.com/blog/Why-is-HN-like-that/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"his-frailty-made-ozzys-final-gig-true-heavy-metal","title":"His frailty made Ozzy’s final gig true heavy metal","subtitle":null,"summary":"Sociologist Keith Kahn-Harris watches Ozzy Osbourne’s seated farewell show while nursing a broken ankle, and finds metal’s hardness was always a thin shell over frailty, shame, love, and bodies that fail.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://psyche.co/turning-points/his-frailty-made-ozzys-final-gig-true-heavy-metal","author":{"name":"Keith Kahn-Harris","url":null,"person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Psyche","url":"https://psyche.co","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"},{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":1958,"reading_minutes":9,"published_at":"2026-09-23T00:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-23T09:10:37.554Z","updated_at":"2026-09-23T09:10:37.554Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/his-frailty-made-ozzys-final-gig-true-heavy-metal","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/his-frailty-made-ozzys-final-gig-true-heavy-metal.md","example":false,"citation":"Keith Kahn-Harris, Psyche. \"His frailty made Ozzy’s final gig true heavy metal.\" 23 Sept 2026. https://psyche.co/turning-points/his-frailty-made-ozzys-final-gig-true-heavy-metal (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://psyche.co/turning-points/his-frailty-made-ozzys-final-gig-true-heavy-metal"},"snippet":null,"score":null}],"total":35,"count":20,"next_offset":20,"has_more":true,"query":{"q":null,"content_type":null,"topic":"culture","publisher":null,"about":null,"author":null,"language":null,"sort":"newest","limit":20,"offset":0}}