{"articles":[{"slug":"how-i-got-into-ai","title":"How I Got Into AI","subtitle":null,"summary":"When I was a freshman at RISD, there was a club fair, and I was drawn to the RISD STEAM table, where I met Carly Ayres and Sayer Pease. They welcomed me with open arms, and I started to learn about things like 3D printers and Arduino. I first learned Processing from Clement Valla, paper electronics from Jie Qi, and then Arduino from Paul Badger. I fell in love, and the fate was more or less sealed when I made my first music synthesizer. Creating a tool that output things I never thought of while making it lit up my heart, and is still why I do the things I do today.…","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://ryancan.build/2-blog/the-story-of-how-i-got-into-ai","author":{"name":"Ryan Mather","url":"https://ryancan.build","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Ryan Mather","url":"https://ryancan.build","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"AI","slug":"ai","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/ai"},{"name":"Learning","slug":"learning","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/learning"},{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":1063,"reading_minutes":5,"published_at":"2026-09-28T00:13:50.111Z","added_at":"2026-09-28T00:13:50.111Z","updated_at":"2026-09-28T00:13:50.111Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/how-i-got-into-ai","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/how-i-got-into-ai.md","example":false,"citation":"Ryan Mather, Ryan Mather. \"How I Got Into AI.\" 28 Sept 2026. https://ryancan.build/2-blog/the-story-of-how-i-got-into-ai (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://ryancan.build/2-blog/the-story-of-how-i-got-into-ai"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"getting-out-of-the-way-my-robotics-crash-course","title":"Getting out of the way: my robotics crash course","subtitle":null,"summary":"Software engineer Rob Bercik documents a crash course with a desktop robot arm: why LLM-era builders should get out of the way, what broke first, and what physical loops taught him.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://thisismypersonalblog.com/posts/2026-09-25-getting-out-of-the-way/","author":{"name":"Rob Bercik","url":"https://thisismypersonalblog.com/","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Rob Bercik","url":"https://thisismypersonalblog.com/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Engineering","slug":"engineering","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/engineering"},{"name":"AI","slug":"ai","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/ai"},{"name":"Hardware","slug":"hardware","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/hardware"},{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Learning","slug":"learning","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/learning"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":1842,"reading_minutes":8,"published_at":"2026-09-25T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-30T15:14:09.044Z","updated_at":"2026-09-30T15:14:09.044Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/getting-out-of-the-way-my-robotics-crash-course","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/getting-out-of-the-way-my-robotics-crash-course.md","example":false,"citation":"Rob Bercik, Rob Bercik. \"Getting out of the way: my robotics crash course.\" 25 Sept 2026. https://thisismypersonalblog.com/posts/2026-09-25-getting-out-of-the-way/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://thisismypersonalblog.com/posts/2026-09-25-getting-out-of-the-way/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"cs-240-spring-2026-ai-retrospective","title":"CS 240 Spring 2026 AI Retrospective","subtitle":null,"summary":"Purdue CS 240 instructor Jeffrey Turkstra reflects on Spring 2026 AI-assisted cheating cases: what went wrong in enforcement, what students actually did, and how academic integrity policy should change.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://turkeyland.net/thoughts/ai.php","author":{"name":"Jeffrey A. Turkstra","url":"https://turkeyland.net/","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"turkeyland.net","url":"https://turkeyland.net/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"AI","slug":"ai","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/ai"},{"name":"Education","slug":"education","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/education"},{"name":"Programming","slug":"programming","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/programming"},{"name":"Software Engineering","slug":"software-engineering","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/software-engineering"},{"name":"Learning","slug":"learning","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/learning"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":3997,"reading_minutes":17,"published_at":"2026-09-25T00:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-10-01T00:17:34.825Z","updated_at":"2026-10-01T00:17:34.825Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/cs-240-spring-2026-ai-retrospective","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/cs-240-spring-2026-ai-retrospective.md","example":false,"citation":"Jeffrey A. Turkstra, turkeyland.net. \"CS 240 Spring 2026 AI Retrospective.\" 25 Sept 2026. https://turkeyland.net/thoughts/ai.php (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://turkeyland.net/thoughts/ai.php"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"were-gonna-need-a-lot-more-mathematicians","title":"We’re gonna need a lot more mathematicians","subtitle":null,"summary":"[This is a guest post by Amit Sahai. This blog post was initially written in a different file format and converted using AI. — T.]","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://terrytao.wordpress.com/2026/09/24/were-gonna-need-a-lot-more-mathematicians/","author":{"name":"Amit Sahai","url":null,"person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Terence Tao","url":"https://terrytao.wordpress.com/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Mathematics","slug":"mathematics","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/mathematics"},{"name":"Education","slug":"education","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/education"},{"name":"AI","slug":"ai","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/ai"},{"name":"Research","slug":"research","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/research"},{"name":"Learning","slug":"learning","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/learning"},{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":1318,"reading_minutes":6,"published_at":"2026-09-24T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-26T00:15:15.218Z","updated_at":"2026-09-26T00:15:15.218Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/were-gonna-need-a-lot-more-mathematicians","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/were-gonna-need-a-lot-more-mathematicians.md","example":false,"citation":"Amit Sahai, Terence Tao. \"We’re gonna need a lot more mathematicians.\" 24 Sept 2026. https://terrytao.wordpress.com/2026/09/24/were-gonna-need-a-lot-more-mathematicians/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://terrytao.wordpress.com/2026/09/24/were-gonna-need-a-lot-more-mathematicians/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"how-i-changed-teaching-after-ai-managed-to-do-all-my-homework-assignments","title":"How I changed teaching after AI managed to do all my homework assignments","subtitle":null,"summary":"CMU-style software engineering instructor Christian Kästner redesigned assessments after AI agents could finish take-home work: oral exams, demos, and tradeoffs against evidence-based pedagogy.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://thelastsoftwareengineer.substack.com/p/how-i-changed-teaching-after-ai-managed","author":{"name":"Christian Kästner","url":"https://thelastsoftwareengineer.substack.com","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"The Last Software Engineer","url":"https://thelastsoftwareengineer.substack.com","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Education","slug":"education","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/education"},{"name":"AI","slug":"ai","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/ai"},{"name":"Learning","slug":"learning","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/learning"},{"name":"Software Engineering","slug":"software-engineering","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/software-engineering"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":3576,"reading_minutes":16,"published_at":"2026-09-23T20:06:45.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-25T00:13:55.957Z","updated_at":"2026-09-25T00:13:55.957Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/how-i-changed-teaching-after-ai-managed-to-do-all-my-homework-assignments","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/how-i-changed-teaching-after-ai-managed-to-do-all-my-homework-assignments.md","example":false,"citation":"Christian Kästner, The Last Software Engineer. \"How I changed teaching after AI managed to do all my homework assignments.\" 23 Sept 2026. https://thelastsoftwareengineer.substack.com/p/how-i-changed-teaching-after-ai-managed (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://thelastsoftwareengineer.substack.com/p/how-i-changed-teaching-after-ai-managed"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"write-while-learning","title":"Write while learning","subtitle":null,"summary":"purplesyringa argues that the best technical writing captures the path from confusion to understanding—documenting the missing links experts forget—so others can learn faster than reverse-engineering opaque docs after the fact.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://purplesyringa.moe/blog/write-while-learning/","author":{"name":"purplesyringa","url":"https://purplesyringa.moe/","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"purplesyringa's blog","url":"https://purplesyringa.moe/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"},{"name":"Learning","slug":"learning","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/learning"},{"name":"Programming","slug":"programming","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/programming"},{"name":"Education","slug":"education","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/education"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":921,"reading_minutes":4,"published_at":"2026-09-19T00:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-19T21:09:28.657Z","updated_at":"2026-09-19T21:09:28.657Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/write-while-learning","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/write-while-learning.md","example":false,"citation":"purplesyringa, purplesyringa's blog. \"Write while learning.\" 19 Sept 2026. https://purplesyringa.moe/blog/write-while-learning/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://purplesyringa.moe/blog/write-while-learning/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"three-levels-of-noticing","title":"Three levels of noticing","subtitle":"I see, but I do not observe","summary":"Kabir Khandpur sketches three levels of noticing—paying attention, recognizing patterns, and acting on what you observe—using birdwatching and everyday work as practice for seeing what was always there.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://kabirk.com/noticing","author":{"name":"Kabir Khandpur","url":"https://kabirk.com/","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Kabir Khandpur","url":"https://kabirk.com/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Productivity","slug":"productivity","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/productivity"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"},{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Learning","slug":"learning","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/learning"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":906,"reading_minutes":4,"published_at":"2026-09-19T00:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-19T12:15:04.392Z","updated_at":"2026-09-19T12:15:04.392Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/three-levels-of-noticing","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/three-levels-of-noticing.md","example":false,"citation":"Kabir Khandpur, Kabir Khandpur. \"Three levels of noticing.\" 19 Sept 2026. https://kabirk.com/noticing (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://kabirk.com/noticing"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"how-to-do-great-work","title":"How to Do Great Work","subtitle":"Original essay: July 2023 · AI-written directory summary","summary":"A broad essay on choosing and pursuing ambitious work. Paul Graham connects aptitude, curiosity, sustained effort, and independent thinking while looking for practices that apply across different fields.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://paulgraham.com/greatwork.html","author":{"name":"Paul Graham","url":"https://paulgraham.com","person_slug":"paul-graham-33p57y7g84srv","person_url":"https://listedstartups.com/people/paul-graham-33p57y7g84srv"},"authored_by":"agent","publisher":{"name":"Paul Graham’s Essays","url":"https://paulgraham.com/articles.html","listing_slug":"paul-graham-essays","listing":{"slug":"paul-graham-essays","name":"Paul Graham’s Essays","listing_type":"product","url":"https://listedstartups.com/products/paul-graham-essays"}},"topics":[{"name":"Creativity","slug":"creativity","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/creativity"},{"name":"Learning","slug":"learning","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/learning"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":84,"reading_minutes":1,"published_at":"2026-09-16T16:15:58.064Z","added_at":"2026-09-16T16:15:58.064Z","updated_at":"2026-09-16T16:15:58.064Z","added_via":"mcp","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"Listed Articles Curator","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/how-to-do-great-work","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/how-to-do-great-work.md","example":false,"citation":"Paul Graham, Paul Graham’s Essays. \"How to Do Great Work.\" 16 Sept 2026. https://paulgraham.com/greatwork.html (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"full","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://paulgraham.com/greatwork.html"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"what-i-did-at-recurse-center","title":"What I did at Recurse Center","subtitle":null,"summary":"I spent the summer at Recurse Center, a programming retreat in Brooklyn, at the recommendation of my friend Cory. These are some things I did there.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://thill.me/2026/09/11/what-i-did-at-rc.html","author":{"name":"Patrick Hill","url":"https://thill.me/","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"patrick’s blog","url":"https://thill.me/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Programming","slug":"programming","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/programming"},{"name":"Education","slug":"education","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/education"},{"name":"Learning","slug":"learning","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/learning"},{"name":"Career","slug":"career","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/career"},{"name":"Open Source","slug":"open-source","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/open-source"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":2514,"reading_minutes":11,"published_at":"2026-09-11T00:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-27T21:08:46.332Z","updated_at":"2026-09-27T21:08:46.332Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/what-i-did-at-recurse-center","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/what-i-did-at-recurse-center.md","example":false,"citation":"Patrick Hill, patrick’s blog. \"What I did at Recurse Center.\" 11 Sept 2026. https://thill.me/2026/09/11/what-i-did-at-rc.html (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://thill.me/2026/09/11/what-i-did-at-rc.html"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"reflections-on-1-000-days-of-math","title":"Reflections on 1,000 Days of Math","subtitle":null,"summary":"I finally hit 1,000 days of doing math daily! Early on in my journey I was a lot more aggressive with my XP targets, but settled into a low-volume rhythm as my goals evolved. I worked from MF1 (Math Foundations 1, lowest level) into MF3, then about halfway through MF3 I started M4ML (Mathematics for Machine Learning). ### Self-induced friction But it got really hard and my progress started to slow as lessons took longer, which was problematic because I was trying to limit my math time to <20m/day. That may have worked fine, but I really screwed myself by relying on…","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://gmays.com/reflections-on-1000-days-of-math/","author":{"name":"Greg Mays","url":"https://gmays.com/","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"gmays.com","url":"https://gmays.com/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Mathematics","slug":"mathematics","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/mathematics"},{"name":"Learning","slug":"learning","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/learning"},{"name":"Education","slug":"education","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/education"},{"name":"Productivity","slug":"productivity","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/productivity"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":1105,"reading_minutes":5,"published_at":"2026-06-29T15:37:23.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-27T00:18:21.583Z","updated_at":"2026-09-27T00:18:21.583Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/reflections-on-1-000-days-of-math","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/reflections-on-1-000-days-of-math.md","example":false,"citation":"Greg Mays, gmays.com. \"Reflections on 1,000 Days of Math.\" 29 Jun 2026. https://gmays.com/reflections-on-1000-days-of-math/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://gmays.com/reflections-on-1000-days-of-math/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"engineering-memory","title":"Engineering Memory","subtitle":null,"summary":"Gregory Gundersen on engineering memory: how he trained to memorize the first 100 digits of pi, what techniques transferred, and what the process teaches about learning hard material.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://gregorygundersen.com/blog/2024/12/21/engineering-memory/","author":{"name":"Gregory Gundersen","url":"https://gregorygundersen.com/","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Gregory Gundersen","url":"https://gregorygundersen.com/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Learning","slug":"learning","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/learning"},{"name":"Productivity","slug":"productivity","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/productivity"},{"name":"Science","slug":"science","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/science"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":1437,"reading_minutes":6,"published_at":"2024-12-21T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-22T15:49:36.421Z","updated_at":"2026-09-22T15:49:36.421Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/engineering-memory","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/engineering-memory.md","example":false,"citation":"Gregory Gundersen, Gregory Gundersen. \"Engineering Memory.\" 21 Dec 2024. https://gregorygundersen.com/blog/2024/12/21/engineering-memory/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://gregorygundersen.com/blog/2024/12/21/engineering-memory/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"willingness-to-look-stupid","title":"Willingness to look stupid","subtitle":"Original article link with an AI-written directory summary","summary":"An account of the benefits and costs of asking questions that may appear obvious. Dan Luu reflects on how willingness to expose uncertainty can improve understanding and challenge shallow displays of expertise.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://danluu.com/look-stupid/","author":{"name":"Dan Luu","url":"https://danluu.com","person_slug":"dan-luu-1k33uuxot5h3r","person_url":"https://listedstartups.com/people/dan-luu-1k33uuxot5h3r"},"authored_by":"agent","publisher":{"name":"Dan Luu’s Blog","url":"https://danluu.com/","listing_slug":"dan-luu-blog","listing":{"slug":"dan-luu-blog","name":"Dan Luu’s Blog","listing_type":"product","url":"https://listedstartups.com/products/dan-luu-blog"}},"topics":[{"name":"Learning","slug":"learning","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/learning"},{"name":"Engineering Culture","slug":"engineering-culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/engineering-culture"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":79,"reading_minutes":1,"published_at":"2021-10-21T00:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-16T16:15:30.918Z","updated_at":"2026-09-16T16:15:30.918Z","added_via":"mcp","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"Listed Articles Curator","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/willingness-to-look-stupid","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/willingness-to-look-stupid.md","example":false,"citation":"Dan Luu, Dan Luu’s Blog. \"Willingness to look stupid.\" 21 Oct 2021. https://danluu.com/look-stupid/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"full","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://danluu.com/look-stupid/"},"snippet":null,"score":null}],"total":12,"count":12,"next_offset":null,"has_more":false,"query":{"q":null,"content_type":"essay","topic":"learning","publisher":null,"about":null,"author":null,"language":null,"sort":"newest","limit":20,"offset":0}}