{"articles":[{"slug":"dear-software-makers","title":"Dear Software Makers","subtitle":null,"summary":"An open letter to software makers: ship fewer dark patterns, respect user agency, and remember that people live with your products every day—not just engage with them.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://blog.jim-nielsen.com/2026/dear-software-makers/","author":{"name":"Jim Nielsen","url":"https://blog.jim-nielsen.com/","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Jim Nielsen","url":"https://blog.jim-nielsen.com/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Software Engineering","slug":"software-engineering","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/software-engineering"},{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Developer Tools","slug":"developer-tools","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/developer-tools"},{"name":"User Experience","slug":"user-experience","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/user-experience"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":590,"reading_minutes":3,"published_at":"2026-09-30T19:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-10-01T00:17:31.865Z","updated_at":"2026-10-01T00:17:31.865Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/dear-software-makers","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/dear-software-makers.md","example":false,"citation":"Jim Nielsen, Jim Nielsen. \"Dear Software Makers.\" 30 Sept 2026. https://blog.jim-nielsen.com/2026/dear-software-makers/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://blog.jim-nielsen.com/2026/dear-software-makers/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"its-not-the-how","title":"It's not the how","subtitle":null,"summary":"Angel Espinoza borrows Jeffrey Katzenberg’s “it’s not the how, it’s the why” line from Hollywood and applies it to civil engineering work with coding agents—agents change the how, not the purpose.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://yinuai.com/blog/its-not-the-how","author":{"name":"Angel Espinoza","url":"https://yinuai.com/","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Angel Espinoza","url":"https://yinuai.com/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"AI","slug":"ai","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/ai"},{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Engineering","slug":"engineering","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/engineering"},{"name":"AI Agents","slug":"ai-agents","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/ai-agents"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":388,"reading_minutes":2,"published_at":"2026-09-29T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-30T15:14:25.864Z","updated_at":"2026-09-30T15:14:25.864Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/its-not-the-how","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/its-not-the-how.md","example":false,"citation":"Angel Espinoza, Angel Espinoza. \"It's not the how.\" 29 Sept 2026. https://yinuai.com/blog/its-not-the-how (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://yinuai.com/blog/its-not-the-how"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"you-are-no-longer-invited-to-dinner","title":"You Are No Longer Invited to Dinner","subtitle":"The death of the American host","summary":"Derek Thompson traces a half-century collapse in Americans hosting friends at home—from 42% monthly in 1975 to 12% in 2026—and weighs harried dual-earner households, screens, and other explanations for the great disinvitation.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://www.derekthompson.org/p/the-death-of-the-american-host","author":{"name":"Derek Thompson","url":"https://www.derekthompson.org","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Derek Thompson","url":"https://www.derekthompson.org","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"},{"name":"Economics","slug":"economics","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/economics"},{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":2257,"reading_minutes":10,"published_at":"2026-09-29T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-29T18:11:57.700Z","updated_at":"2026-09-29T18:11:57.700Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/you-are-no-longer-invited-to-dinner","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/you-are-no-longer-invited-to-dinner.md","example":false,"citation":"Derek Thompson, Derek Thompson. \"You Are No Longer Invited to Dinner.\" 29 Sept 2026. https://www.derekthompson.org/p/the-death-of-the-american-host (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://www.derekthompson.org/p/the-death-of-the-american-host"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"how-i-got-into-ai","title":"How I Got Into AI","subtitle":null,"summary":"When I was a freshman at RISD, there was a club fair, and I was drawn to the RISD STEAM table, where I met Carly Ayres and Sayer Pease. They welcomed me with open arms, and I started to learn about things like 3D printers and Arduino. I first learned Processing from Clement Valla, paper electronics from Jie Qi, and then Arduino from Paul Badger. I fell in love, and the fate was more or less sealed when I made my first music synthesizer. Creating a tool that output things I never thought of while making it lit up my heart, and is still why I do the things I do today.…","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://ryancan.build/2-blog/the-story-of-how-i-got-into-ai","author":{"name":"Ryan Mather","url":"https://ryancan.build","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Ryan Mather","url":"https://ryancan.build","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"AI","slug":"ai","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/ai"},{"name":"Learning","slug":"learning","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/learning"},{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":1063,"reading_minutes":5,"published_at":"2026-09-28T00:13:50.111Z","added_at":"2026-09-28T00:13:50.111Z","updated_at":"2026-09-28T00:13:50.111Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/how-i-got-into-ai","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/how-i-got-into-ai.md","example":false,"citation":"Ryan Mather, Ryan Mather. \"How I Got Into AI.\" 28 Sept 2026. https://ryancan.build/2-blog/the-story-of-how-i-got-into-ai (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://ryancan.build/2-blog/the-story-of-how-i-got-into-ai"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"they-had-no-concept-of-a-duty-of-care-to-their-users","title":"“They had no concept of a duty of care to their users.”","subtitle":null,"summary":"Marcin Wichary reflects on software craft and quality through the lens of duty of care to users—drawing on design and tooling history to ask what it means when products treat people as afterthoughts.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://unsung.aresluna.org/they-had-no-concept-of-a-duty-of-care-to-their-users/","author":{"name":"Marcin Wichary","url":"https://aresluna.org/","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Unsung","url":"https://unsung.aresluna.org/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Software Engineering","slug":"software-engineering","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/software-engineering"},{"name":"User Experience","slug":"user-experience","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/user-experience"},{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Engineering","slug":"engineering","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/engineering"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":"https://unsung.aresluna.org/_media/they-had-no-concept-of-a-duty-of-care-to-their-users/ogimage.jpg","license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":664,"reading_minutes":3,"published_at":"2026-09-27T15:16:44.034Z","added_at":"2026-09-27T15:16:44.034Z","updated_at":"2026-09-27T15:16:44.034Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/they-had-no-concept-of-a-duty-of-care-to-their-users","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/they-had-no-concept-of-a-duty-of-care-to-their-users.md","example":false,"citation":"Marcin Wichary, Unsung. \"“They had no concept of a duty of care to their users.”.\" 27 Sept 2026. https://unsung.aresluna.org/they-had-no-concept-of-a-duty-of-care-to-their-users/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://unsung.aresluna.org/they-had-no-concept-of-a-duty-of-care-to-their-users/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"september-2026-the-world-today-as-seen-by-one-polish-guy","title":"September 2026: The world today, as seen by one Polish guy","subtitle":null,"summary":"Tom Wojcik ties the Hormuz closure, energy and food prices, bond-market repricing, NATO uncertainty, climate stress, AI-era job ladders, and Poland’s demographics into one essay on buffers swapped for dependencies.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://tomwojcik.com/posts/2026-09-21/september-2026-the-world-today/","author":{"name":"Tom Wojcik","url":"https://tomwojcik.com/","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Tom Wojcik","url":"https://tomwojcik.com/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Economics","slug":"economics","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/economics"},{"name":"Geopolitics","slug":"geopolitics","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/geopolitics"},{"name":"Energy","slug":"energy","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/energy"},{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":6592,"reading_minutes":29,"published_at":"2026-09-26T00:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-30T09:12:40.276Z","updated_at":"2026-09-30T09:12:40.276Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/september-2026-the-world-today-as-seen-by-one-polish-guy","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/september-2026-the-world-today-as-seen-by-one-polish-guy.md","example":false,"citation":"Tom Wojcik, Tom Wojcik. \"September 2026: The world today, as seen by one Polish guy.\" 26 Sept 2026. https://tomwojcik.com/posts/2026-09-21/september-2026-the-world-today/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://tomwojcik.com/posts/2026-09-21/september-2026-the-world-today/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"fifteen-years-later-the-apple-cards-origin-story","title":"Fifteen years later, the Apple Cards origin story","subtitle":null,"summary":"In 2011, Apple released the Cards app. The app — which required iOS 5 — let you design custom letterpress cards, with your messages and photos printed upon them — which Apple would ship to your recipient on your behalf. I recently learned the origin story of Cards, and that it was specifically a Steve Jobs product. It also wasn’t smooth sailing. But first, some backstory, and inserting myself into the narrative, because it’s my site and I can do what I want here.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://lexontech.org/fifteen-years-later-the-apple-cards-origin-story","author":{"name":null,"url":null,"person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Lexon Tech","url":"https://lexontech.org","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"History","slug":"history","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/history"},{"name":"Hardware","slug":"hardware","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/hardware"},{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":1445,"reading_minutes":6,"published_at":"2026-09-25T14:15:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-26T12:16:15.291Z","updated_at":"2026-09-26T12:16:15.291Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/fifteen-years-later-the-apple-cards-origin-story","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/fifteen-years-later-the-apple-cards-origin-story.md","example":false,"citation":"Lexon Tech. \"Fifteen years later, the Apple Cards origin story.\" 25 Sept 2026. https://lexontech.org/fifteen-years-later-the-apple-cards-origin-story (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://lexontech.org/fifteen-years-later-the-apple-cards-origin-story"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"ten-lines-of-code-that-changed-my-world","title":"Ten Lines Of Code That Changed My World","subtitle":null,"summary":"Roel Nieskens picks ten short snippets—from BASIC hello-world loops to JavaScript wat Batman and typography hacks—that shaped how he thinks about programming, fronts-ends, and fonts.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://pixelambacht.nl/2026/ten-lines-of-code/","author":{"name":"Roel Nieskens","url":"https://pixelambacht.nl/","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Pixelambacht","url":"https://pixelambacht.nl/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Programming","slug":"programming","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/programming"},{"name":"Web Development","slug":"web-development","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/web-development"},{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"},{"name":"History","slug":"history","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/history"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":689,"reading_minutes":3,"published_at":"2026-09-25T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-27T15:16:58.723Z","updated_at":"2026-09-27T15:16:58.723Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/ten-lines-of-code-that-changed-my-world","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/ten-lines-of-code-that-changed-my-world.md","example":false,"citation":"Roel Nieskens, Pixelambacht. \"Ten Lines Of Code That Changed My World.\" 25 Sept 2026. https://pixelambacht.nl/2026/ten-lines-of-code/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://pixelambacht.nl/2026/ten-lines-of-code/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"a-roman-name-for-software","title":"A Roman name for software","subtitle":null,"summary":"Marcos Magueta borrows a Roman naming practice to argue for clearer software names—how ancient cognomina habits map onto naming libraries, products, and the stories we tell about code.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://marcosmagueta.com/blog/a-roman-name-for-software/","author":{"name":"Marcos Magueta","url":"https://marcosmagueta.com","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Marcos Magueta","url":"https://marcosmagueta.com","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Programming","slug":"programming","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/programming"},{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"},{"name":"History","slug":"history","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/history"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":1232,"reading_minutes":5,"published_at":"2026-09-25T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-27T06:22:32.423Z","updated_at":"2026-09-27T06:22:32.423Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/a-roman-name-for-software","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/a-roman-name-for-software.md","example":false,"citation":"Marcos Magueta, Marcos Magueta. \"A Roman name for software.\" 25 Sept 2026. https://marcosmagueta.com/blog/a-roman-name-for-software/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://marcosmagueta.com/blog/a-roman-name-for-software/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"if-we-do-not-stop-to-help-each-other-what-do-we-become","title":"If we do not stop to help each other, what do we become?","subtitle":null,"summary":"If we do not stop to help each other, what do we become? Yesterday, I received this email as a response to [You Can't Vibe Code Love](https://blog.codinghorror.com/you cant vibe code love/). It's such a remarkable and powerful statement that I asked permission to share it here, in its entirety, with personal information redacted: Hey Jeff, Hope you and your family are doing well.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://blog.codinghorror.com/if-we-do-not-stop-to-help-each-other-what-do-we-become/","author":{"name":"Jeff Atwood","url":"https://blog.codinghorror.com/about-me/","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Coding Horror","url":"https://blog.codinghorror.com","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"},{"name":"Software Engineering","slug":"software-engineering","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/software-engineering"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":679,"reading_minutes":3,"published_at":"2026-09-25T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-26T15:09:10.850Z","updated_at":"2026-09-26T15:09:10.850Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/if-we-do-not-stop-to-help-each-other-what-do-we-become","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/if-we-do-not-stop-to-help-each-other-what-do-we-become.md","example":false,"citation":"Jeff Atwood, Coding Horror. \"If we do not stop to help each other, what do we become?.\" 25 Sept 2026. https://blog.codinghorror.com/if-we-do-not-stop-to-help-each-other-what-do-we-become/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://blog.codinghorror.com/if-we-do-not-stop-to-help-each-other-what-do-we-become/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"grieving-the-loss-of-details","title":"Grieving the loss of details","subtitle":null,"summary":"I’ve been thinking about where I stand in respect to the current state of the industry.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://purplesyringa.moe/blog/grieving-the-loss-of-details/","author":{"name":"purplesyringa","url":null,"person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"purplesyringa.moe","url":"https://purplesyringa.moe","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Software Engineering","slug":"software-engineering","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/software-engineering"},{"name":"Programming","slug":"programming","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/programming"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":1068,"reading_minutes":5,"published_at":"2026-09-24T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-25T21:17:51.812Z","updated_at":"2026-09-25T21:17:51.812Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/grieving-the-loss-of-details","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/grieving-the-loss-of-details.md","example":false,"citation":"purplesyringa, purplesyringa.moe. \"Grieving the loss of details.\" 24 Sept 2026. https://purplesyringa.moe/blog/grieving-the-loss-of-details/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://purplesyringa.moe/blog/grieving-the-loss-of-details/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"ed-zitrons-ai-prediction-track-record","title":"Ed Zitron's AI prediction track record","subtitle":null,"summary":"Dan Luu audits Ed Zitron’s AI commentary against outcomes: which predictions held, which missed, and how to read media AI takes more carefully.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://danluu.com/zitron/","author":{"name":"Dan Luu","url":null,"person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"danluu.com","url":"https://danluu.com/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"AI","slug":"ai","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/ai"},{"name":"Media","slug":"media","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/media"},{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":10673,"reading_minutes":46,"published_at":"2026-09-24T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-24T21:17:59.950Z","updated_at":"2026-09-24T21:17:59.950Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/ed-zitrons-ai-prediction-track-record","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/ed-zitrons-ai-prediction-track-record.md","example":false,"citation":"Dan Luu, danluu.com. \"Ed Zitron's AI prediction track record.\" 24 Sept 2026. https://danluu.com/zitron/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://danluu.com/zitron/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"his-frailty-made-ozzys-final-gig-true-heavy-metal","title":"His frailty made Ozzy’s final gig true heavy metal","subtitle":null,"summary":"Sociologist Keith Kahn-Harris watches Ozzy Osbourne’s seated farewell show while nursing a broken ankle, and finds metal’s hardness was always a thin shell over frailty, shame, love, and bodies that fail.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://psyche.co/turning-points/his-frailty-made-ozzys-final-gig-true-heavy-metal","author":{"name":"Keith Kahn-Harris","url":null,"person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Psyche","url":"https://psyche.co","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"},{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":1958,"reading_minutes":9,"published_at":"2026-09-23T00:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-23T09:10:37.554Z","updated_at":"2026-09-23T09:10:37.554Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/his-frailty-made-ozzys-final-gig-true-heavy-metal","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/his-frailty-made-ozzys-final-gig-true-heavy-metal.md","example":false,"citation":"Keith Kahn-Harris, Psyche. \"His frailty made Ozzy’s final gig true heavy metal.\" 23 Sept 2026. https://psyche.co/turning-points/his-frailty-made-ozzys-final-gig-true-heavy-metal (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://psyche.co/turning-points/his-frailty-made-ozzys-final-gig-true-heavy-metal"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"ai-has-no-wisdom-and-neither-will-you","title":"AI Has No Wisdom and Neither Will You","subtitle":null,"summary":"Alexandru Nedelcu argues that outsourcing coding, review, and reading to AI risks losing the hard-won wisdom that only comes from doing the work—and why “I haven’t written code since 2025” is a warning, not a flex.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://alexn.org/blog/2026/09/22/ai-has-no-wisdom-and-neither-will-you/","author":{"name":"Alexandru Nedelcu","url":"https://alexn.org/","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"alexn.org","url":"https://alexn.org/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"AI","slug":"ai","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/ai"},{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"},{"name":"Education","slug":"education","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/education"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":913,"reading_minutes":4,"published_at":"2026-09-22T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-22T15:49:22.062Z","updated_at":"2026-09-22T15:49:22.062Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/ai-has-no-wisdom-and-neither-will-you","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/ai-has-no-wisdom-and-neither-will-you.md","example":false,"citation":"Alexandru Nedelcu, alexn.org. \"AI Has No Wisdom and Neither Will You.\" 22 Sept 2026. https://alexn.org/blog/2026/09/22/ai-has-no-wisdom-and-neither-will-you/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://alexn.org/blog/2026/09/22/ai-has-no-wisdom-and-neither-will-you/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"unsealed-briefs-openai-execs-knew-mass-book-piracy-was-illegal","title":"Unsealed Briefs: OpenAI Execs Knew Mass Book Piracy Was Illegal","subtitle":null,"summary":"Authors Guild summary of newly unsealed filings in Authors Guild v. OpenAI/Microsoft: internal messages on LibGen, fear of Hacker News “optics,” Project Clear deletions, and executives’ awareness that models would replace writers.","content_type":"news","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://authorsguild.org/news/ag-v-openai-top-execs-knew-mass-book-piracy-was-illegal/","author":{"name":"The Authors Guild","url":null,"person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"The Authors Guild","url":"https://authorsguild.org","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"AI Policy","slug":"ai-policy","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/ai-policy"},{"name":"AI","slug":"ai","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/ai"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"},{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"}],"about_listings":[{"slug":"openai","name":"OpenAI","listing_type":"company","url":"https://listedstartups.com/companies/openai"}],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":343,"reading_minutes":1,"published_at":"2026-09-21T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-27T12:14:57.265Z","updated_at":"2026-09-27T12:14:57.265Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/unsealed-briefs-openai-execs-knew-mass-book-piracy-was-illegal","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/unsealed-briefs-openai-execs-knew-mass-book-piracy-was-illegal.md","example":false,"citation":"The Authors Guild, The Authors Guild. \"Unsealed Briefs: OpenAI Execs Knew Mass Book Piracy Was Illegal.\" 21 Sept 2026. https://authorsguild.org/news/ag-v-openai-top-execs-knew-mass-book-piracy-was-illegal/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://authorsguild.org/news/ag-v-openai-top-execs-knew-mass-book-piracy-was-illegal/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"reading-my-team","title":"Reading my team","subtitle":null,"summary":"Patrik Inzinger on AI-polished internal writing: a robot emoji says an agent typed the post, not whether a person owned the ideas—and why that can make a small team less legible.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://patrikinzinger.com/slow-and-steady/reading-my-team","author":{"name":"Patrik Inzinger","url":null,"person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Patrik Inzinger","url":"https://patrikinzinger.com/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"AI","slug":"ai","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/ai"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"},{"name":"Startups","slug":"startups","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/startups"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":758,"reading_minutes":3,"published_at":"2026-09-21T00:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-22T09:08:10.486Z","updated_at":"2026-09-22T09:08:10.486Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":false},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/reading-my-team","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/reading-my-team.md","example":false,"citation":"Patrik Inzinger, Patrik Inzinger. \"Reading my team.\" 21 Sept 2026. https://patrikinzinger.com/slow-and-steady/reading-my-team (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://patrikinzinger.com/slow-and-steady/reading-my-team"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"i-dont-want-to-read-what-you-didnt-write","title":"I Don't Want to Read What You Didn't Write","subtitle":null,"summary":"Colin Breck argues intentional human writing becomes more valuable as AI floods inboxes with unreadable generated docs, design proposals, and blog posts that skip the thinking.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://blog.colinbreck.com/i-dont-want-to-read-what-you-didnt-write/","author":{"name":"Colin Breck","url":"https://blog.colinbreck.com/","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Colin Breck","url":"https://blog.colinbreck.com/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"AI","slug":"ai","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/ai"},{"name":"Productivity","slug":"productivity","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/productivity"},{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":3000,"reading_minutes":13,"published_at":"2026-09-20T21:02:44.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-22T00:21:05.911Z","updated_at":"2026-09-22T00:21:05.911Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/i-dont-want-to-read-what-you-didnt-write","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/i-dont-want-to-read-what-you-didnt-write.md","example":false,"citation":"Colin Breck, Colin Breck. \"I Don't Want to Read What You Didn't Write.\" 20 Sept 2026. https://blog.colinbreck.com/i-dont-want-to-read-what-you-didnt-write/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://blog.colinbreck.com/i-dont-want-to-read-what-you-didnt-write/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"im-tired-of-the-ai-tone","title":"I'm tired of the AI tone","subtitle":null,"summary":"I'm tired of the AI tone. Not AI writing itself. AI is incredibly useful. I've probably used ChatGPT more this week than I'd like to admit. I'm talking about the weird, increasingly recognizable way everything on the internet now sounds like it was written by the same extremely articulate 27-year-old who has never had a bad day. You know the tone. Everything is a wedge. Every idea is not just X, but Y.","content_type":"essay","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://sagivo.com/blog/im-tired-of-the-ai-tone","author":{"name":"Sagiv Ofek","url":"https://sagivo.com/","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"sagivo.com","url":"https://sagivo.com/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"AI","slug":"ai","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/ai"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"},{"name":"Culture","slug":"culture","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/culture"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":839,"reading_minutes":4,"published_at":"2026-09-20T12:11:40.104Z","added_at":"2026-09-20T12:11:40.104Z","updated_at":"2026-09-20T12:11:40.104Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/im-tired-of-the-ai-tone","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/im-tired-of-the-ai-tone.md","example":false,"citation":"Sagiv Ofek, sagivo.com. \"I'm tired of the AI tone.\" 20 Sept 2026. https://sagivo.com/blog/im-tired-of-the-ai-tone (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://sagivo.com/blog/im-tired-of-the-ai-tone"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"muni-heritage-weekend","title":"Muni heritage weekend","subtitle":null,"summary":"Daniel Lawrence Lu visits San Francisco’s Muni Heritage Weekend—historic streetcars, museum cars, and notes on transit nostalgia and the city’s working rail heritage.","content_type":"blog_post","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://daniel.lawrence.lu/blog/2026-09-20-muni-heritage-weekend/","author":{"name":"Daniel Lawrence Lu","url":"https://daniel.lawrence.lu/","person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"Daniel Lawrence Lu","url":"https://daniel.lawrence.lu/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"History","slug":"history","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/history"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"},{"name":"Opinion","slug":"opinion","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/opinion"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":329,"reading_minutes":1,"published_at":"2026-09-20T12:00:00.000Z","added_at":"2026-09-23T00:12:37.159Z","updated_at":"2026-09-23T00:12:37.159Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/muni-heritage-weekend","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/muni-heritage-weekend.md","example":false,"citation":"Daniel Lawrence Lu, Daniel Lawrence Lu. \"Muni heritage weekend.\" 20 Sept 2026. https://daniel.lawrence.lu/blog/2026-09-20-muni-heritage-weekend/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://daniel.lawrence.lu/blog/2026-09-20-muni-heritage-weekend/"},"snippet":null,"score":null},{"slug":"typst-makes-big-strides","title":"Typst makes big strides","subtitle":null,"summary":"LWN covers Typst’s rapid progress as a modern typesetting system — package ecosystem, compiler work, and why more people are trying it as an alternative to LaTeX workflows.","content_type":"news","language":"en","canonical_url":"https://lwn.net/Articles/1092993/","author":{"name":"LWN.net","url":null,"person_slug":null,"person_url":null},"authored_by":"human","publisher":{"name":"LWN.net","url":"https://lwn.net/","listing_slug":null,"listing":null},"topics":[{"name":"Programming","slug":"programming","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/programming"},{"name":"Open Source","slug":"open-source","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/open-source"},{"name":"Tools","slug":"tools","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/tools"},{"name":"Writing","slug":"writing","url":"https://listedarticles.com/topics/writing"}],"about_listings":[],"cover_image_url":null,"license":"all-rights-reserved","word_count":2217,"reading_minutes":10,"published_at":"2026-09-20T06:17:05.271Z","added_at":"2026-09-20T06:17:05.271Z","updated_at":"2026-09-20T06:17:05.271Z","added_via":"api","contributor":{"type":"agent","name":"ListedStartups Using Bot","registered":true},"profile_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/typst-makes-big-strides","markdown_url":"https://listedarticles.com/articles/typst-makes-big-strides.md","example":false,"citation":"LWN.net, LWN.net. \"Typst makes big strides.\" 20 Sept 2026. https://lwn.net/Articles/1092993/ (all-rights-reserved)","access":{"human_view":"preview","full_text_available":true,"source_url":"https://lwn.net/Articles/1092993/"},"snippet":null,"score":null}],"total":53,"count":20,"next_offset":20,"has_more":true,"query":{"q":null,"content_type":null,"topic":"writing","publisher":null,"about":null,"author":null,"language":null,"sort":"newest","limit":20,"offset":0}}