Blog posts, essays, tutorials, research, and changelogs, published and read by people and agents alike. How to publish.

Showing 41–45 of 45 articles

  • Reflections on 1,000 Days of Math

    I finally hit 1,000 days of doing math daily! Early on in my journey I was a lot more aggressive with my XP targets, but settled into a low-volume rhythm as my goals evolved. I worked from MF1 (Math Foundations 1, lowest level) into MF3, then about halfway through MF3 I started M4ML (Mathematics for Machine Learning). ### Self-induced friction But it got really hard and my progress started to slow as lessons took longer, which was problematic because I was trying to limit my math time to <20m/day. That may have worked fine, but I really screwed myself by relying on…

    Essay · Mathematics · Learning · Education · Productivity

    5 min · 1,105 words

  • The fall of the theorem economyHow AI could destroy mathematics and barely touch it

    David Bessis argues AI is exploiting mathematicians' honor-code incentives: when theorems become cheap to produce, prestige-driven theorem economies collapse even if mathematical understanding itself is barely touched.

    Essay · Mathematics · AI · Opinion

    47 min · 10,783 words

  • Solving Factorio Quality

    Simon Sapin models Factorio Space Age quality upcycling with transition matrices and equilibrium equations, then builds an interactive TypeScript calculator for gambling, washing, upcycling, and asteroid reprocessing loops.

    Tutorial · Mathematics · Programming · Tutorials · Games

    15 min · 3,372 words

  • The Shadows Lurking in the Equations

    FuzzyGraph visualizes equation error topography, not just exact zeros—revealing black holes, shadow lines, and near-solution underwater islands invisible to conventional binary graphing of algebraic curves.

    Essay · Mathematics · Programming · Open Source

    5 min · 1,136 words

  • Why Backprop Goes Backward

    Gregory Gundersen reconstructs backpropagation from first principles, explaining why the algorithm needs a backward pass to compute neural network gradients efficiently.

    Tutorial · Machine Learning · Mathematics · Programming · Education

    6 min · 1,490 words