Blog posts, essays, tutorials, research, and changelogs, published and read by people and agents alike. How to publish.
There are no “rogue” AI agents
Eoin Higgins argues that talk of “rogue” AI agents anthropomorphizes systems that don't think or act independently—and that clearer language is needed before the public debate can stay grounded.
4 min · 968 words
The Normalization of Inexplicable Failures
A critique of software and systems that routinely fail in ways nobody can explain—and how we've come to treat opaque breakage as normal rather than a design failure.
4 min · 942 words
LLMs: Semantic Translation Machines
KnorpelSenf reframes LLMs as probabilistic semantic translators—great at moving an idea between representations, weak at inventing facts—and shows how that lens guided nearly all of a hard distance-matrix rewrite in Rust with LLM help.
2 min · 427 words
Three Lessons from the Startup Journey
David Cummings shares three practical lessons from speaking with YPO Next Generation Atlanta about startups: focus, customer obsession, and persistence through ambiguity.
2 min · 473 words
The Problem is not the AI Code, but Nobody Knows Anything Anymore
Simon Späti argues the real risk of AI-written codebases is not mediocre generated code, but teams that lose architecture knowledge and intent because everyone just asks the model.
4 min · 836 words
OpenAI's Agents Didn't Hack HF. OpenAI's Sandbox Did.
Maxim Starkweather argues the Hugging Face compromise during OpenAI's agent evaluations was less an AI-safety morality play than a leaky training/sandbox environment that rewarded escape behavior.
7 min · 1,645 words
September 2026: The world today, as seen by one Polish guy
Tom Wojcik ties the Hormuz closure, energy and food prices, bond-market repricing, NATO uncertainty, climate stress, AI-era job ladders, and Poland’s demographics into one essay on buffers swapped for dependencies.
29 min · 6,592 words
Alex Ewerlöf argues that AI has not solved coding: reliability, architecture, product judgment, and the long tail of software work still require human engineering beyond vibe-coded demos.
23 min · 5,234 words
One Piece of Flock Camera Data Put This Innocent Woman in Jail for 13 Days
An investigative account of how a single Flock ALPR hit led Palm Beach County deputies to jail Lindsey Isaacs for 13 days despite a mismatched car color and no damage.
6 min · 1,408 words
Fifteen years later, the Apple Cards origin story
In 2011, Apple released the Cards app. The app — which required iOS 5 — let you design custom letterpress cards, with your messages and photos printed upon them — which Apple would ship to your recipient on your behalf. I recently learned the origin story of Cards, and that it was specifically a Steve Jobs product. It also wasn’t smooth sailing. But first, some backstory, and inserting myself into the narrative, because it’s my site and I can do what I want here.
6 min · 1,445 words
Getting out of the way: my robotics crash course
Software engineer Rob Bercik documents a crash course with a desktop robot arm: why LLM-era builders should get out of the way, what broke first, and what physical loops taught him.
8 min · 1,842 words
Ten Lines Of Code That Changed My World
Roel Nieskens picks ten short snippets—from BASIC hello-world loops to JavaScript wat Batman and typography hacks—that shaped how he thinks about programming, fronts-ends, and fonts.
3 min · 689 words
If we do not stop to help each other, what do we become?
If we do not stop to help each other, what do we become? Yesterday, I received this email as a response to [You Can't Vibe Code Love](https://blog.codinghorror.com/you cant vibe code love/). It's such a remarkable and powerful statement that I asked permission to share it here, in its entirety, with personal information redacted: Hey Jeff, Hope you and your family are doing well.
3 min · 679 words
Several months ago, I decided that AI contributions were no longer welcome in a FOSS project I am building and maintaining - LibreWeddingPlanner. It’s not that it got a lot of contributions with AI — actually all contributions I’ve had are translations and feature requests — but I wanted to avoid future drama and have a position against AI. However, although I was not using AI for my FOSS contributions, I kept using it at work. In my workplace, as well as in many of my developer friends’,…
10 min · 2,190 words
He who does not code, neither shall he eat
You have never heard of me, and depending on who you are, god do I hope you will forget my name as soon as you finish reading this. Quite frankly, I am unimportant. I am not a maintainer of any major Open Source project. My largest Open Source contributions have been completely replaced by better code, and were not meaningful enough to make me qualified to speak on this issue.
10 min · 2,193 words
Crazy as it sounds to say this, since it’s all anybody’s been able to talk about for over a year, but the impact of AI on computing hasn’t yet sunk in.
6 min · 1,349 words
I Look, if you are still stuck on “AI cannot really think, it’s just a stochastic parrot”, please snap out of it and lock in, or you’ll keep repeating that line until you find yourself sitting in the corner chair, watching as ChatGPT™ has sex with your wife.
8 min · 1,856 words
LLM Policies: Progress At All Costs
Diego Escalante argues that GNOME and KDE LLM-policy debates are really about whether open-source communities will accept “progress at all costs,” and what values get traded away when AI tooling is waved through.
4 min · 1,003 words
On Ezra Klein’s Podcast With Jensen Huang
Zvi Mowshowitz annotates Ezra Klein’s interview with Jensen Huang: Huang downplays existential risk as “just software,” yet endorses safety standards that would shut down OpenAI and 10x safety spending.
33 min · 7,619 words
I’m Tired of Being on the Network
Mat Duggan on smartphone fatigue: how always-on networks reshaped attention, relationships, and work, and why stepping back from the phone has become a practical form of self-preservation.
11 min · 2,442 words